Celebrating its 40th anniversary this year is perhaps one of the scariest sci-fi horror movies of all time. Ridley Scott’s Alien heads to the home formats next month in a new limited edition, the details for which we have below.
In space no one can hear you scream. The terrifying sci-fi adventure, ALIEN, celebrates 40 years with an all-new 4K Ultra HD™ master, available April 22. A limited edition 4K UHD™ SteelBook® of ALIEN 40th Anniversary Edition will also be available exclusively at Zavvi.
In the film that birthed the wildly successful ALIEN franchise, the crew of the deep space tug Nostromo awaken from stasis during a voyage home to Earth when their ship’s computer detects what is believed to be an alien distress signal coming from the desolate nearby moon, LV-426. While investigating, one of the crew, Kane (John Hurt), is attacked by an alien creature that latches to his face and he is rushed back to the Nostromo to receive medical treatment. Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), the ship’s warrant officer, advises against Kane’s return due to quarantine regulations – but her orders are ignored by Ash (Ian Holm), bringing the Nostromo under threat from a mysterious, extraterrestrial apex predator with violent and lethal survival instincts.
The film was restored in 4K in 2018 by 20th Century Fox at Company 3/Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, supervised by Ridley Scott and Pam Dery, with the 4K scans done at EFilm.
DVD Special Features:
– Includes the 1979 Theatrical Version and the 2003 Director’s Cut!
– Audio commentary by Director Ridley Scott, cast and crew (theatrical version only)
4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray™ Special Features:
– Includes the 1979 Theatrical Version and 2003 Director’s Cut!
– Audio Commentary by Director Ridley Scott, Cast and Crew
– Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott++
– Introduction by Ridley Scott+ (Blu-ray™ only)
– Final Theatrical Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith++
– Composer’s Original Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith++
– Deleted and Extended Scenes
(+Director’s Cut only ++Theatrical Version only)
The Blu-ray & DVD arrive on 1st April, while the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Limited Edition 4K Ultra HD SteelBook arrives on 22 April.