Critically acclaimed British artist M.I.A. rose to fame on the back of international hit-singles Paper Planes and Bad Girls. Sixteen years after breaking out onto the music scene, MATANGI / MAYA / M.I.A., a highly anticipated documentary, lifts the lid on Maya “M.I.A.” Arulpragasam’s extraordinary life and musical journey from her own perspective. To celebrate the release, we have five copies of the film to give away on DVD.
Packed with previously unseen footage, this brand-new feature film tells the real story behind one of Britain’s most celebrated and controversial female artists; and is available on iTunes Digital HD on 26th November before landing on Blu-ray & DVD on 10th December, courtesy of Dogwoof.
Directed by friend and fellow former student of St Martin’s, Steve Loveridge, MATANGI / MAYA / M.I.A. promises to deliver viewers an unforgettable experience, charting the singer’s meteoric rise to stardom as well as her outspoken voice for multiculturalism and human rights.
The documentary includes unseen footage from M.I.A.’s first-ever live performance as well as an original video featuring a performance and post-screening conversation with M.I.A in Johannesburg; plus behind-the-scenes footage of M.I.A.’s Sunshowers. iTunes customers will be able to enjoy exclusive deleted scenes and behind-the-scenes footage of M.I.A’s Borders, from 26th November, before the film releases with a host of extra features on Blu-ray and DVD from 10th December 2018.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition will close 21st December 2018 at 23.59 GMT
- The winner will be picked at random from entries received
- 5 winners will each receive 1 DVD copy of MATANGI / MAYA / M.I.A.
- If any Prize or element thereof becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to substitute with a Prize of equivalent rating and audience at its sole discretion.
- Events may occur that make the awarding of the Prize impractical or inappropriate due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond the control of the Promote. In this situation, the we may vary or amend the Prize to provide a reasonable alternative as a result of which the Promoter or parties connected to the Promoter shall not be held liable.
- No cash or credit alternative is available and the Prize is not transferable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner.
- The Promoter of this competition is The Hollywood News.
- Entrants’ personal data submitted in connection with the promotion will be processed by the Promoter and third-party service providers for the purpose of administering and managing the promotion, distributing prize and verifying the eligibility of entrants/winner. By entering the promotion, entrants agree that their information may be used by the Promoter to administer the promotion.
- To coincide with GDPR regulations, competition entry information will not be stored once the competition has ended and the winners have been chosen and prizes sent out.