Thousands of years after civilization was destroyed by a cataclysmic event, humankind has adapted and a new way of living has evolved. Gigantic moving cities now roam the Earth, ruthlessly preying upon smaller traction towns. Tom Natsworthy (Robert Sheehan)—who hails from a Lower Tier of the great traction city of London—finds himself fighting for his own survival after he encounters the dangerous fugitive Hester Shaw (Hera Hilmar). Two opposites, whose paths should never have crossed, forge an unlikely alliance that is destined to change the course of the future.
Mortal Engines is the startling, new epic adventure directed by Oscar®-winning visual-effects artist Christian Rivers (King Kong). Joining Rivers are The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogies three-time Academy Award®-winning filmmakers Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, who have penned the screenplay. The Universal and MRC adaptation is from the award-winning book series by Philip Reeve, published in 2001 by Scholastic.
Mortal Engines is in UK cinemas from 8th December.
To celebrate the film’s release, Universal are giving away Mortal Engines bundles that include a T-Shirt, jumper, backpack, notebook, torch and scarf. To be in with a chance of winning, all you need to do is watch the below trailer and answer the question correctly!
Before Hester’s mother died, she told Anna Fang that she was afraid of who?
Terms and Conditions
- The competition will close 20th December 2018 at 23.59 GMT
- The winner will be picked at random from entries received
- 5 winners will each receive 1 Mortal Engines merchandise bundle
- If any Prize or element thereof becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to substitute with a Prize of equivalent rating and audience at its sole discretion.
- Events may occur that make the awarding of the Prize impractical or inappropriate due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond the control of the Promote. In this situation, the we may vary or amend the Prize to provide a reasonable alternative as a result of which the Promoter or parties connected to the Promoter shall not be held liable.
- No cash or credit alternative is available and the Prize is not transferable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner.
- The Promoter of this competition is The Hollywood News.
- Entrants’ personal data submitted in connection with the promotion will be processed by the Promoter and third-party service providers for the purpose of administering and managing the promotion, distributing prize and verifying the eligibility of entrants/winner. By entering the promotion, entrants agree that their information may be used by the Promoter to administer the promotion.
- To coincide with GDPR regulations, competition entry information will not be stored once the competition has ended and the winners have been chosen and prizes sent out.