Martin Scorsese’s The Last Waltz, the legendary rock documentary featuring some of the world’s greatest musicians, will arrive on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK as a part of The Masters of Cinemas Series from 12 November 2018. It will also be presented with a Limited Edition Hardbound Case and a 100-page perfect bound collector’s book [3000 copies only].
Perhaps the greatest rock documentary ever made, Martin Scorsese’s The Last Waltz captures what was advertised as legendary rock group The Band’s final farewell concert appearance. Joined on stage by more than a dozen special guests, including Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Muddy Waters and Joni Mitchell, The Last Waltz started as a concert, but it became a celebration.
Interspersed with candid discussions between director Scorsese and members of The Band, The Last Waltz has been called “the greatest rock concert movie ever made – and maybe the best rock movie, period”, and The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present this iconic documentary on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK. And remember, “This film should be played loud!”
We have some info on the planned special features for the Blu-ray below. Look our for it the in UK from November 12th.
BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
· Limited Edition Hardbound Case
· 1080p presentation of the film on Blu-ray
· PCM 5.1 Audio
· Optional English SDH subtitles
· Audio Commentary by director Martin Scorsese and Musician Robbie Robertson
· Audio Commentary by “The Band” members Levon Helm and Garth Hudson, journalists Jay Cocks and Greil Marcus, creative consultant Mardik Martin, producers Jonathan Taplin and Steven Prince, Cameraman Michael Chapman, Music Producer John Simon, Irwin Winkler and performers Mavis Staples, Dr. John and Ronnie Hawkins (includes optional subtitles identifying who is talking)
· Revisiting The Last Waltz [22 mins]
· Archival Outtakes
· Stills gallery
· PLUS: A 100-PAGE perfect bound collector’s book including writing on the film by Adam Batty, Greil Marcus and Robbie Robertson; an abundance of extremely rare archival imagery; extensive notes, storyboards and sketches from the film’s production [Limited Edition Exclusive]